Interest in K code project???????

• I have contemplated selling my K code project before but have backed down for fear of losing a tremendous amount of time and money that I have spent on the car and its pending restoration. I am seriously considering selling it if I could walk away without too much loss!

Here goes! It is a 1965 GT K fastback, black exterior, black deluxe interior project that I have spent 3 years getting parts for.

The engine is is date correct and recently rebuilt. Bored .020 over, it is absolutely perfect and correct down to every hipo detail.

The body is solid with reproduction quarters and patched floors. Not good enough for me so I bought NOS quarters and a solid one piece floor to put in. Frame rails original and rust free. Fenders are NOS and new. Doors are rust free! Wiring has been restored by Pat White with correct date and shift codes. Fog lights are original and need to be rechromed. Radiator shroud is beat up so I bought a NOS replacement for it. The VIN # is stamped correctly two times on the passenger engine aprons and once on the drivers apron. It is in the registry.

Interior needs to be redone. I have replaced the dash bezel and glovebox door with NOS pieces. Rally pac is already restored. Console is complete but needs to be restored. All interior pieces are there and complete including fastback interior fiberglass panels. Really, I have everything one needs to complete the project.

Restoration was to start this spring but I am thinking about moving back to my home state and should sell it. I guess I want to know what it is going to bring as a complete project in the state it is in?

I have done the hard work for somebody already. It is an ideal black on black deluxe interior GT car. If I could walk away without taking it in the shorts I would sell it for the sake of my family and their desire to move. I guess I want to know what its worth and what interest there would be?

I planned on spending $20K in its restoration this spring and have put aside the money already. I would think somebody would put this into it or more to do it correctly?

Any advice? Email me at wallaceandkaren@yahoo.com to discuss if interested.

Wallace

• Not trying to scare anybody off, but I suspect I've put close to $25 to $30k into this car already with its purchase and parts.

Am I dreaming if I think I could get close to this? If so, then I'll quietly step back and say it was at least worth asking.

Maybe I'll find somebody interested?

Wallace

• Wallace - Hard to say what I would spend for your car without some pics showing condition and details of K code specific parts. I don't doubt you have that much money in the car but I'm not so sure you are going to get that much out of it. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Gary

• Wallace - I will second what Gary said. At this point you have a tremendous amount of money in the car and it will be hard to recover what you have invested without a finished product. Being a factory 63B, GT and desirable black on black, I would imagine that you could get a great price once the car is completed. Do you know someone local that is reputable and could finish the project by Spring? That is when the prices seem to go up.

Ron

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!