66 K Coupe Auto Tranny CA Car

• Well after much soul searching, I have decided to let a few cars go, too many projects, 5 kids, no time.

I have a 66 K Coupe, vin # 6R07K206214, always a CA car, clear title in my name, registered thru May 06, then non-op'd. (Last registered in 1984) Vin # stamped in 3 locations on aprons. Drivers door data tag in place.

Here are more specifics on the car.

Body- 65A 2 door cope

Date- 24E May 24

Color- Z Sauterne Gold

Trim - 26 Black Standard

DSO -71 Los Angeles

Axle- 5 3.50:1

Trans- 6 C4 Automatic

*The car came with a vinyl top. It had been previously removed, I would guess it was either white or black.

Vin Stamped Motor

Engine Assembly stamping of 6C4L March,4,1966 Inspector L

Original Carb: Tag# C6ZF-F date code B5Jd , base stamped 6ZF

Intake tag: has 289 C 66 9

6-C 246-S

Fomoco Distributor, C5OF-1217 can't read date code, it was put in backwards when heads were rebuilt, dual point dist.

Original Balancer

Hipo Alternator pulley

H2o pump is C80E-d

FOMOCO stamped 4 blade hipo fan

Hipo exhaust manifolds

Hipo steering box HCC-AX

Original 9" rear

Choke cable in place

Drum brakes all around

HISTORY OF CAR: (As relayed to me by the guy I bought it from) He bought it from guy that owned it in 70's who had sold it to his friend, then bought it back. When I bought it, it had CA tags, and registration had expired in 1984. Previous owner,(not the guy I bought it from, he bought it just to flip it)had dissasembled front body clip to start restoration. Sanded down fenders, hood, top of car. It was clean, bare metal when I got it so I lightly sanded it & hit it with primer since my shop can sometimes leak water in a hard rain, & loosly reassembled front clip.

CONDITION OF MOTOR: Engine runs, currently has Edelbrock F4B intake on it. It had a holley on it (original intake & carb was in trunk) that didn't work, I put an old dirty A code carb on it to get it to run, it actualy runs pretty good, but the carb I put on it to get it to run is not in the best of shape (I'll be needing that one back). Idles with oil pressure in the middle, to the left of the middle on the temp guage. Car has 106K miles, from what I was told was original. Engine has some blow by, but runs smooth & cool. I wouldn't drive it though, without rebuilding it since the vin stamped block is so important. Radiator cools okay, but is corroded inside. Looks like

original. I put another clean gas tank in it, original was gummed up, blew gas lines out.

CONDITION OF TRANS: Original trans was replaced some time in cars life with an "A" servo C4 stamped with "AMCCO" on bottom of trans housing. When I got car running, it would just puke out fluid so I pulled it and put in another used"A" Servo C4 I had, it works okay, but leaks at the tranny pan seal. Note: I have an original "C" Servo 1966 C4 from a 66 KFB I sold a few years ago, that I will include for an additional cost. Front U joint on driveshaft is loose.

CONDITION OF SUSPENSION: Previous owner started replacing suspension components, parts that have not been replaced are new in boxes and included. Brakes appear to be new & are tight.

CONDITION OF INTERIOR: Previous owner replaced dash pad. All else is original, needs carpet. Seats starting to come apart at seams. Headliner is loose in back rear at corner. Door panels replaced. All guages & instruments, wiper, lights work. Heater & radio works.

CONDITION OF BODY: Car was repainted original color somewhere along the line. Door jams & trunk are original paint. Looks like there was some body work to top front of hood at some point. Drivers headlight bucket is cracked. Small rust (1/4") at front of drives door, door handle was pushed in alittle, & there is a dent just behind drivers door in quarter panel (look to be damaged at same time). Pinhole rust in bottom of drivers quarter at front, not rusted thru, showing signs of surface rust. Passenger quarter has a small crease at wheel well opening. Rest of car is clean & rust free. Doesn't look like any major accidents, aprons & front frame are straight. Rear quarters look good from inside. Floors are perfect, with red oxide underneath.

Carlite windshield, window & interior chrome in excellent condition (Car comes with new front & back gaskets)

OVERALL CONDITION OF CAR: Car can be driven, however I didn't want to drive it down the road for fear of damaging vin stamped block. Tranny shifts fine. The correct "C" servo C4 I have (extra price) will need rebuilding. Rear seems to work fine, no noises. Front suspension works, needs rest of parts installed, steering box is nice and tight. Brakes stop car great, exhaust system needs replacing.

Needs body work but not much, other than the rust described, the car is rust free. Interior is presentable, could probably get away with glueing hanging down headliner in corner at window, replacing carpet I cleaning it up. Overall a nice car to start with, kind of unique being a auto tranny car with vinly top.

I would like to get $17k for car with "A" servo C4, and will sell correct "C" servo Hipo C4 to buyer for an additional $1k. Let me know if you are interested and I will forward pic's. My e-mail is cestes@bryers.com

Thanks for looking,

Chuck

Edited by - 66tiger on 07/07/2006 00:38:25

• Price lowered again to $15.5k. If no takers it goes to Hot August Nights & Flea-Bay.

Appears to have original radiator, markings on side mount flange are C60E 8005 M1 with date code of 5KB.

This really is a nice complete car, red oxide primer underneath, crayon markings & everything. I know it's not a fastback or vert, but then again, you'd probably have to pay twice the asking price to get the same condtion car in a fastback.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!