Ford Licensed Products in October Mustang & Ford

• I read the article talking about the process of actually getting the nod from Ford to take the tooling and remake the parts, this is very interesting to me and I am all for using these type products at a bit higher cost than a lesser quality Chinese part.

I am of the belief that AFTER a manufacturer (such as Scott Drake) makes the part and gets final approval from Ford to procede with production that he offers an exclusive to a vendor of his choice at first to get the word out-case in point the recent addition of the HIPO fan spacer and the '65GT/'66 hood moulding being repped by VA Mustang.

I was actually hoping that the parts reproduction site would have had a list of ALL the FORD TOOLING parts that are available but I sure couldn't find it.........Comments??

• Anyone else read the article yet?

-I do have one question though:(a for example type)Concerning the '65-'66 parking light lenses: I understand the originals were kind of a "frosted" look to them and the LICENSED reproductions are not-why would Ford sign off on them when they are a very clear amber look?

• ZRay, I think you are right....I'll bet the crowd at Ford nowadays is probably in their 20s and have absolutely no idea as to what they are looking at nor are they compairing the new reproduction part to the original......it seems so simple of a situation to do (in the case of the parking light lenses anyway) to make them EXACTLY like the originals...after all Ford made-(or had made)them "frosted" way back in 1964 didn't they.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!