1965 Mustang K-Code, non GT Coupe w/66 Hi-Po Drive

• 1965 Mustang K-Code, non GT Coupe w/66 Hi-Po Drivetrain

65 Mustang coupe, originally Caspian Blue with black standard interior, 289 Hi-Po, 4 speed toploader, 3.50 9” axle. No frills “sleeper”!!

Coupe is in need of complete restoration but is solid. I have pretty much all new sheet metal or useable sheetmetal to complete restoration to include…

- New 65’ one piece floor pan

- New quarter panels

- New seat risers

- New inner/outer wheelhouses

- New tail light panel

- Useable doors

- Useable fenders

- Useable hood

- Useable trunk lid

- All glass

I have a running drivetrain which goes with the coupe…

The engine/trans/axle are currently in my 66’fasback and are all running.

The Hi-Po is out of a 66’ coupe and has the vin stamped into the block, correct heads (19,21), balancer, distributor, piston heads, fan, alternator pulley, etc. Engine was “refreshed” 3 years ago, however did not need rebuilding, new gaskets, oil pump, petronix, fuel pump,alternator, coil, hotter spark plugs and 8mm wires. Currently has SM2 aluminum high rise intake w/Holley 4bbl 600 VS carb, tri-Y headers…freshly tuned and runs great! Does not have original 1.12 Carb or exhaust manifolds. Heads have been rebuilt and hardened valve seats for pump gas.

Toploader was rebuilt 3 years ago by Dan Williams and is an HEH-P and yes the input shaft was switched from 25 to 28 during the rebuild!! Shifts great and only has about 1000 miles on it.

9” rear axle was cleaned and reassembled less that 6 months ago, new gaskets, seals, etc. Still breaking in! New 2" brake shoes w/ larger drums, cylinders, springs, lines, etc.

Again, the engine in not original to the car, however, the coupe is a legit K-Code (3 inner fender apron stamps, door plate and title match) and the engine is a legit H-Po. Great little combo, that engine in a 2800lb car is a lot of fun!!!

Great deal, especially if you do your own work! Need to sell, going GT-40 EFI and T-5 in my fastback….the sooner you start having fun, the sooner I start having fun!!

Contact Scott @ 704/996-8061 (EST 0700 - 2200)

$11,000...not interested in separating, unless amazing offer!!!

e-mail me for pictures to scott.e.mauldin@secureskies.net<b></b>

Edited by - silverbluefastback on 10/09/2010 08:01:09<b></b>

Edited by - silverbluefastback on 10/09/2010 08:07:25

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!