1966 Hi Po K Code Intake and Carburetor Correct factory Date Codes

• I am about to sell I feel a matching Date Code Carb /Intake and just want clarification if Im right on its a matching set . I mostly had 1969 parts and cars and still have a few parts but not the nice parts .The Intake has a tag info ( 289 C 66 9 6B 245 S ) and the date code on the Intake is 6A29 . To me that refers to 1966 Jan 29 , The Carb has the Tag and all correct markings tag info is ( C6ZF C B 5MD ) Which if im correct is 4Th week of Dec 1965. I do know this set was taken off a 66 K Code Fastback around 1975 and replaced with a different aftermarket set up .Ive gotten the intake near perfect redone and the Autolite is in the middle of a full rebuild by an Autolite Expert .It seems the date codes are within a month or close to , I can only assume from all I know it was a matching set back then and would like any knowledge from the experts here . Thank you in advance for any knowledge . Wayne

• That is certainly a reasonable timeframe to be a matched set. A general rule is date stamps within a month of a car's scheduled build date, however that can vary greatly depending on which timeframe we are talking about, as parts got scarce and things got busy. I have heard of date stamps being 2 to 3 months apart, and even the scheduled build date on a door tag can vary widely from the actual build date of the car. It is by no means a set in stone thing.

I would also like to discuss when it comes time to sell. You can send me PM or email at classiauto66@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Rich

65 FastbacK early San Jose Twilight Turquoise 4 Speed
    66 Mustang Coupe Maroon C-Code Auto
    67 Fairlane Convertible Light Metallic Green 200 I6, Three on the Tree

Edited once, last by livetoride60 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!