65 early 66 Hipo Motor Mount Setup

• Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "snydly427" with a Buy-It-Now of $2,200.00 or make offer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Early…ed/233681284199

-Fred-

For sale is a restored original set of 1965 to Early 66 Shelby GT350 HiPo 289 Motor Mounts. Also correct for early Carry Over 66 GT350 Shelbys. Condition is Used.

These original brackets and frame mounts were degreased, soaked for 2 days in Evapo-Rust, lightly glass bead blasted / buffed with steel wool and then lightly SEM satin clear coated to help prevent flash rust.

The upper rubber donuts are Daniel Carpenter reproductions, the larger block rubber insulators are genuine NOS insulators (one mount still has the Ford sticker on the bottom as well as the sticker on the side). Included with the set are the original upper donuts. The originals still have their part numbers somewhat visible, the rubber is still relatively firm but a metal washer has come loose from one of the donuts. You can see the little indents made into the rubber from small rocks getting in there over the years.

The upper brackets still show the clamping marks from when they were formed by the manufacturer. I was able to preserve one of the "3 legged A" makers mark on the flat face of one of the brackets. The upper brackets have some pitting and nicks/scratches in the metal. I did not want to do anything like grind the metal smooth, I wanted to preserve the current condition of the brackets. One bracket seems to have a slight little wave? or very slight bend? where the bolts go through into the block, but its very minimal.

The lower stud brackets also show some pitting where the insulator meets the bracket. I did my best to replicate the "heat soak" where the welds are from the factory. I used a propane torch to alter the color of the steel a little to give it a "freshly welded look". The studs were treated with Gun Bluing to replicate the look of the darker heat treatment the studs got before being pressed in.

The original carriage bolts were also treated with the gun bluing to give the heat treatment look as well.

All reproduction washers and nuts were from Virginia Classic Mustang and AMK, as were the frame mount bolts. Included with the reproduction nuts and washers are the original nuts and washers that are in need of being zinc plated.

I restored these mounts to the best of my ability, these are rather close to concours restored mounts. Again, these are bare steel and cast iron pieces that have received a light coat of SEM satin clear paint for protection. I did my best to add in as many photos as eBay would allow me while still showing important details.

Mounts will be very well packaged and protected during priority shipping. If shipping outside of the continental US is needed, please message me first.

Feel free to ask any questions!

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "snydly427" with a Buy-It-Now of $1,850.00 or make offer:

For sale is a restored original set of 1965 to Early 66 Shelby GT350 HiPo 289 Motor Mounts. Also correct for early Carry Over 66 GT350 Shelbys. Condition is Used.

These original brackets and frame mounts were degreased, soaked for 2 days in Evapo-Rust, lightly glass bead blasted / buffed with steel wool and then lightly SEM satin clear coated to help prevent flash rust.

The upper rubber donuts are Daniel Carpenter reproductions, the larger block rubber insulators are genuine NOS insulators (later 3 holes on the bottom style).

The upper brackets still show the clamping marks from when they were formed by the manufacturer. I was BARELY able to preserve one of the "3 legged A" makers mark on the flat face of one of the brackets. It is very hard to see the makers mark but is there on one of the upper brackets, barely. The upper brackets have some pitting and nicks/scratches in the metal (especially where the upper rubber donuts mount onto the bracket). I did not want to do anything like grind the metal smooth, I wanted to preserve the current condition of the brackets. One of the brackets has a very slight "bend" at the end of the bracket where it bolts to the block, barely noticeable but wanted to state that.

The lower stud/welded brackets show light pitting where the insulator meets the bracket. I did my best to replicate the "heat soak" where the welds are from the factory. I used a propane torch to alter the color of the steel a little to give it a "freshly welded look". The studs were treated with Gun Bluing to replicate the look of the darker heat treatment the studs got before being pressed in.

The original carriage bolts were also treated with the gun bluing to give the heat treatment look as well. There is also some light pitting in the bolts, both on the shaft and on the flat tops.

All reproduction washers/nuts/bolts were from Virginia Classic Mustang and AMK, as were the frame mount bolts.

I restored these mounts to the best of my ability, these are rather close to concours restored mounts. Again, these are bare steel and cast iron pieces that have received a light coat of SEM satin clear paint for protection. I did my best to add in as many photos as eBay would allow me while still showing important details.

Mounts will be very well packaged and protected during priority shipping. If shipping outside of the continental US is needed, please message me first.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233688668519

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "snydly427" with a Buy-It-Now of $1,650.00 or make offer:

For sale is a restored original set of 1965 to Early 66 Shelby GT350 HiPo 289 Motor Mounts. Also correct for early Carry Over 66 GT350 Shelbys. Condition is Used. Comes with Extra insulators and an extra bracket.

The upper rubber donuts are Daniel Carpenter reproductions, 1 larger insulator rubber block mount is a genuine NOS insulators and the other is a new Scott Drake reproduction. Also included is a media blasted pair of original insulators (Media blasted prior to my ownership). The rubber is still pretty firm but the bare steel needs to be painted.

The upper brackets (3 included) no still show the clamping marks from when they were formed by the manufacturer. I was not able to preserve one of the "3 legged A" makers mark on the flat face of one of the brackets. All 3 of the upper brackets have pitting and nicks/scratches in the metal (especially where the upper rubber donuts mount onto the bracket). I did not want to do anything like grind the metal smooth, I wanted to preserve the current condition of the brackets. All brackets are straight and un-bent.

The lower stud/welded brackets show pitting where the insulator meets the bracket. I did my best to replicate the "heat soak" where the welds are from the factory. I used a propane torch to alter the color of the steel a little to give it a "freshly welded look". The studs were treated with Gun Bluing to replicate the look of the darker heat treatment the studs got before being pressed in.

The original carriage bolts were also treated with the gun bluing to give the heat treatment look as well. There is also pitting on the bolts, both on the shaft and on the flat tops.

All reproduction washers/nuts/bolts were from Virginia Classic Mustang and AMK, as were the frame mount bolts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233688675525

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup was ended by the seller September 18, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup was ended by the seller October 2, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup was ended by the seller October 23, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This 65 early 66 engine mount setup is back on Ebay again with a new much lower starting bid of $1,250.00:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2337558344…=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This 65 early 66 engine mount setup received no bids by November 2, 2020 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This 65 early 66 engine mount setup is back on Ebay again with no changes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Early…=p2047675.l2557

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup was ended by the seller November 2, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "wunderwerks" with a Buy-It-Now of $1,035.00:

I've had these original Ford HIPO mounts on my shelves for decades. It's time to clear them out as I'm not building any more cars. The only parts that may not be original Ford are the nuts holding the frame mounts to the bracket. The frame mounts are specific HIPO mounts. I have double boxed the mounts so hopefully the gorillas don't destroy it.

65 Mustang HIPO Original Ford Motor Mounts | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "sunvalley1975" with a starting bid of $899.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $1,200.00:

1965 66 High Performance K code Ford Mustang Shelby 289 Motor Mounts.Complete original 289 hippo motor mount refurbished and even exact color of original.

1965 66 High Performance 289 K-code Ford Mustang and Shelby GT350 | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a 65 early 66 engine mount setup by Ebay member "sunvalley1975" with a starting bid of $899.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $1,200.00:

1965 66 High Performance K code Ford Mustang Shelby 289 Motor Mounts.Complete original 289 hippo motor mount refurbished and even exact color of original.

1965 66 High Performance 289 K-code Ford Mustang and Shelby GT350 | eBay

-Fred-

This 65 early 66 engine mount setup sold March 14, 2022 on Ebay for $799.00.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!