Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Forum Backup
Niko is seeking a backup to the previous forums to bring everything up to date with the many years of previous posts. So far he has not been able to get a response from Hank, the IT man on the previous forums, regarding this. There were so many subjects covered by so many members, some who no longer own Kars or who have passed away, that it would be a shame to lose all of this information. If Niko can get the backup he can integrate it into this forum which would make a great number of members here very happy.

-Fred-
65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
66 GT Koupe  Dearborn Blue 4 speed
66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost  4 speed
64 Falcon sedan delivery  289 4 speed
65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed
I do not know if my e-mails have reached him or if they have been marked as spam or something. Happened to me before.
I saw that he is registered here. It would be great if you could say something regarding the Backup. And welcome back! Smile

@raccol

Best regards,
Niko
Nice job guys!
I had a thought. Perhaps an offer to Hank, to help to overcome his reluctance..... Hank there must be a reason you are silent....are you waiting for...??? something we can provide?
Perhaps the pages this web site is seeking can be obtained via the Way Back Machine?

https://archive.org/about/
(03-31-2019, 03:16 PM)proudKowner Wrote: Perhaps the pages this web site is seeking can be obtained via the Way Back Machine?

https://archive.org/about/

The HiPo Homepage can be restored through that but not the Forum.
A small update:

We've been able to restore the first generation of the HPM eKschange (2005-2011).

As soon as we manage to do the same with the second generation HPM eKschange (2011-2018), we would move the current Forum to a new Forum Software and keep the old boards as an archive.
We're not sure if we will have as much luck with the second gen forum as we had with the first one but hope always dies last!
Thanks for the update.  That's good news.  I'm hopeful that you will be able to the same for the other years.